We often see offices in India, celebrate festivals, be it Diwali or Christmas. And then, there are those office parties which we celebrate, such a success party or birthdays. So how to conduct a office party?Office parties are fun and great opportunities at clearing the air about misunderstandings and making friends. Be careful and smart.
- Most important- Remember that this is one time where you are allowed to mix business with pleasure. So be ultra careful and handle pleasure with a lot of care.
- Unless specified that you can bring in a friend or your partner, refrain.
- This is one party where your boss will also be present. You can be yourself, but don’t forget to not let yourself go completely!
- If there is free flowing alcohol, that ultra careful bit I mentioned earlier, should be carried to the top of your brain from where it can issue you with safe warnings!
- Dress appropriately and please don’t give the wrong impression with your clothes.
- Do not stand in one place and never indulge in disapproving side glances!
- Be very careful if you are taking pictures. Always ask permission, especially if you are a social network fan and intend to post everything there!
- Never forget your Please and Thank You’s.
- Remember protocol works even here. If you are standing in line for dinner, it is indeed appropriate to offer a plate to your boss, who maybe standing behind you. What he does with it would speak for his etiquette of course.